Small benign growths on the skin are often referred to as skin tags. Although harmless, most of us want to remove them because for cosmetic reasons, especially on the neck.
The good thing is that you can remove them in your home without going to the doctor. All you need is just one ingredient…apple cider vinegar. The method is quite popular, because it removes the tag safely and without causing any pain. The acid in the vinegar destroys the tissue that forms the blemish; however the surrounding skin is not damaged during this treatment.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin Tag Removal
- Clean the skin around the blemish with lukewarm water and mild soap.
- Dry the skin thoroughly.
- Scratch the tag gently with a toothpick. Don’t let it bleed.
- Soak a small piece of cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and squeeze out the excess vinegar.
- Place the soaked cotton wool on the skin tag and hold it with a bandage.
- Leave it overnight.
- Remove the bandage and cotton wool the next morning and rinse thoroughly with water.
- Repeat it for 3-4 days, until the skin tag darkens, dries and falls off.