You can use what you have or make it according to this recipe using almond milk for added vanilla flavor. I sometimes add in nuts, Greek yogurt, a drizzle of honey, & even chia seeds for a little extra zip! This breakfast sticks to your ribs, is delicious, and gives you tons of energy to shine for the day!!
-From the Kitchen of Chris Freytag
Ingredients you will need:
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (or 1 cup cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk unsweetened (plain almond milk works too)
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- 1 sprinkle of cinnamon
- Rinse 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa thoroughly. Bring quinoa to a boil with 1 cup almond milk(reserving 1/2 cup for later). Add in a dash of cinnamon (apple pie spice is good too). Cover and let simmer 15 minutes until cooked.
- Wash and slice berries or other toppings as you let the quinoa cook.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and add in additional almond milk until you get a desired oatmeal like consistency.
- Top breakfast quinoa with berries and other toppings of your choosing. ENJOY!
1 serving, 333 calories, fat 8 grams, protein 10 grams, carbs 63